A friend of mine got back from a trip to Paris a couple of days ago so we arranged to meet for lunch today to catch up. We both had stuff to do in the afternoon, and we have been known to have some lengthy (and happily entertaining) visits so we decided to meet at 11:45 to give us ample time to visit AND get our various errands done. How naive we were!!
Today was more marathony than even we usually do. You’d think we hadn’t seen each other in years instead of a couple of weeks. 🙂 I think our previous record was 3.5 or 4 hours. Today we topped out at 5.25 hours! We both got there at about 11:40 and we walked out at 4:55. Not a word of a lie. The only time I looked at my watch, I thought it was probably somewhere around 3:00. Imagine my surprise when I saw it was heading towards 5:00! It did not seem like we had been there for 5 hours!
Have you ever had one of those lunches? If so, because I’m dying to make a list out of this, the following might sound familiar…
You know you had a great marathon lunch when:
- The sun hadn’t reached its noon apex when you arrived and was about to set when you left.
- The people at the table next to yours were having breakfast when you were seated and the people sitting there when you left were having dinner.
- There was only one person left from the shift that was on when you got there.
- You showed up and the hostess said, “We just switched over from the breakfast menu to the lunch menu. I hope that’s OK?” And when you left a different hostess said, “Have a good night!”
- You had so much fun you don’t even mind that you got nothing only your list done afterwards!